*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089175-Wolf
by Meghan
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2089175
The wild wolf that is a mystery.
I was the forest, heading home from work, it was 11pm, and it was getting extremely dark and cold. I was striding back, hoping to get home quickly, you never know what lies in that forest.
Just as i was about to reach the gate of my house, i heard something unusual, like a crunch from a twig, or a rustle in the bushes, it was both of those things, and as i went to look around i saw two golden shining eyes looking at me near a tree, why it was a wolf, and for the first time, since i had been walking in this forest for 15 years, never had a i seen a grey wolf. I didnt even know there was one. I stared at the wolf, and it stared back, and i almost felt we had some type of a connection between each other. The wolf made no movement qnd neither did I, if i made one move, i was worried the wolf would come for me and attack me.
The wolf made a sma!l move towards me, slightly cautious, it made no harm and didnt want the wolf to fear me. It came closer and closer till we met eye to eye, the wolf seemed fine and relaxed, and so was I. I gently kneeled down to the wolf, and stroked it. After a few minutes, the wolf moved away, and i watched it with so much interest,this was the first time i had ever been up close to such an animal of beauty.
I watched the wolf leave, straight back to the trees,to my shock and surprise the wolf vanished in thin air, i couldnt beleive it, had i just seen a ghost wolf. And you know what, I havent seen that wolf for 33 years, what a mystery it was. The great mysterious grey wolf!
© Copyright 2016 Meghan (mhcoh7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089175-Wolf