*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091534-8-Coming-Home
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #2091534
Jared gets out of the hospital, Caine offers his home
Thursday; I’ve been in here three days already. Thanks to my mother, I am being forced to stay in the hospital for at least a week, causing me to miss graduation and Caine is nowhere to be found. Rebecca said something about him going to the school but would give me no more details, and then she went to attend the last day herself. That was two hours ago. I pray that the video has not gotten out. I don’t think I’d be able to survive it. The place is boring and uncomfortable, and thanks to my wounds, I can’t shift much without hurting. Trying to sleep doesn’t work much either. Everything itches or aches and I am just completely miserable. Sighing I relax and try to focus my mind on the television in front of me.

What seems like hours later; my mother enters my room, carrying two McDonald’s ice-cream cups and sits down before handing me one. It’s not the best gift in the world, but it will do. I raise the level of the hospital bed in order to be able to eat; which, with my broken left arm and wrist, is extremely difficult for me to do. “Thanks mum,” I say before digging in with my free hand, holding the cup still as well as I can with my cast'ed one. She nods her head and eats her own.

“How do you feel?” mum asks me.

“Uncomfortable, itchy, tired, in pain...” I answer her, wincing as the cold dessert hits my sore throat.

“I’m so sorry sweetheart,” My mum sighs.

“S’alright, mum. It’s not your fault. The cops came in earlier and asked me questions; I pointed them towards Jerome and his group. I just wish I knew where Caine was.” I sigh, unable to finish my ice-cream.

“I’m sure he is in school, with Rebecca,” my mum answers.

“What time is it? Shouldn’t you be at work,” I ask her.

“I am on break and thought I’d sit with you for a moment. If you want, I can stay,” she answers.

“No, mum, I’m fine, but thank you.”

“Okay, well...it’s almost time for me to go back now; will you be okay?”

“Yes mum, I’ll be fine.”

After re-checking with me, my mum leaves to head back to work and my phone buzzes. Carefully, I reach over and retrieve it from the table beside me. New notifications for Facebook, YouTube, and a few people sent me links to other sites. The video; it’s the video of Caine and me talking. I feel the tears begin and I feel them spill down my cheeks as I watch. They started taping when I began talking. They left Caine’s confession out. Somehow, they got the perfect angle where they could hear and see us perfectly without seeing us. I don’t even make it a quarter through it before I chunk the phone across the room. I can’t get a break. It seems that ever since Caine showed up in this town, my past came crashing into the present. But I don’t blame him. None of it is his fault.

After school, Rebecca shows up, and noticing my distressed state, she immediately makes it to my side.

“Honey, what happened? What’s wrong,” she asks, picking up my discarded phone.

“Look,” I croak, “at the phone.”

Confused, she glances down and as time passes, her eyes widen in horror. She covers her mouth with her free hand and shuts the phone off. She says nothing, knowing that there is nothing to be said. Where the hell is Caine? “I want to get out of here. I need to get out of here.” I whisper to Becca. “Please get me out of here...”

“Yeah, okay, I’ll talk to the doctors and call your mom, okay,” Rebecca promises and stands to leave. Just as she turns to go, her phone goes off. I watch her curiously before she turns and mouths ‘, Caine.’ Before I can ask anything else, she hangs up and turns to me with a worried expression. “Caine got into some trouble and I’ve gotta go get him out. He’s okay, I promise. I’ll be right back, okay?” I nod and she leaves.

I try to curl up but it hurts, so I am stuck just lying there on my back so physically and emotionally hurt. He was telling the truth. He recorded us. He posted it! He spread it everywhere he could. More tears fall as I quietly sob. I’m alone... I hope Caine is alright. I hope Becca can bring him to me. I hope my mum can get here. I can’t do this without any of them right now. I bite my lip to control my sobs, take deep breaths, and imagine peaceful scenes, things I had to teach myself over the years and as always, it works. Feeling sleep pull at my eyes, I close them and I’m out instantly.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I’ve been sleeping way too much, I realize as I wake up later in the night. Caine is again beside my bed, snoring softly. Apparently the staff here took pity on him because there is an extra hospital bed that he is lying asleep on, close to mine. And again I feel his strong warm hand grasping mine. The small bedside clock reads 5:23 A.M.

“Caine,” I call out softly. He stirs but doesn’t wake so I call again. “Caine...” This time he groans and opens his eyes.

“Hey beautiful; are you alright,” he responds when his eyes find mine. I shrug, recalling the past few hours. I honestly don’t know if I’ll get through it this time. I face away as more tears slide pathetically down my cheeks and he’s off the bed and by my side in an instant. “Hey,” he says, carefully forcing me to look at him, “you will get through this, I promise. Your mom, Rebecca and I will be by your side to help you, just like before, right?” I nod and he kisses my lips, just a soft peck for reassurance. “You’ll be okay, I promise,” He adds, leaning on my bed.

“Yeah, I guess but... Rebecca is leaving tomorrow morning to go to college; mum will be working, and I’m sure you’d like to be with your family now, right?”

“Jared, no, I am not going to see my family. My dad being dead changes nothing. And Rebecca offered to stay a little longer and help you heal, same with your mother.”

“No, I can’t do that to them; especially Becca. You gotta tell her to go,”

“Yeah, I’ll mention it to her, but, you need someone to take care of you and your mom and I have been talking about some compromise just in case,” Caine responds.

“And what’s that,” I ask him.

“Well, you get out of the hospital today and with your mother working so much, we thought that maybe you’d like to spend some time at my place until you healed...” he trails off.

“Are you asking me to move in? I think I deserve a ring first.” I tease him, enjoying him blush a light red.

“No! I mean, well, you know, you’ll be on bed rest for a while so you’ll need a lot of help. I mean, that’s only if you want to though. I have a couple extra rooms, so I mean...”

“Caine I don’t mind. I appreciate it really, but I don’t want to be any nuisance to you,” I reply seriously.

“You won’t be. I don’t have anything better to do and I genuinely want to help. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t,” he chuckles and rubs circles in my palm with his thumb.

“I...I guess, I mean, you’re right, I do need help for a little while. Are you sure,” I ask him, staring up into his stunning blue eyes.

“Of course I am, beautiful,” he answers with a smile.

“Then, yeah, I’d love to stay with you for a while,” I smile myself.

“Sweet... so, I guess we’ll figure out all the details later.”

“Yeah; thanks Caine. I appreciate it,” I sigh and try to relax.

“Of course; so, are you ready to get out of here?” He stands and stretches, showing a small sliver of skin that I can’t help but appreciate before he straightens out.

“Hell yeah; this place sucks,” I answer when he glances at me.

“Good; your mom is here. I’ll go let her know,” he replies as he leaves the room.
“You’re the best,” I call after him.

About an hour later and I am sitting in my mum’s car. Because of my injuries I had to be wheeled out in a wheelchair and Caine actually lifted me to put me in it and take me out. Now I am in the backseat with Caine, with my mum driving us home. It feels nice being out of that place filled with the smells of chemicals, medicines, and sickness. Smiling, I relax against Caine and listen to soft music being played on the radio. My mum and Caine chat about my sleeping arrangements while I heal. I’ll be staying with Caine at his place in a spare room next to his while my mum works. If I choose, I can go home when she is off. Caine will help me with whatever I need because I will not be able to move around with the exception of using the restroom and quick showers (no, Caine will not be helping me with those, thank you very much (Sadly. I'd enjoy a little shower action)).

When we arrive home, Caine, much to my annoyance, picks me up and carries me to my room help me pack. He sets me down on my bed and pulls down a large case from my closet and begins randomly pulling out clothes. “Hmm, I think you need more pinks and purples,” he smirks, turning around.

“Why,” I question.

“Because, if you’re the woman in this relationship, you should totally act the part,” he teases, winking.

“Oh, and who says you’re not the woman,” I grin.

“Na, I think I’d be the working man and you’d be the stay-at-home dad,” he snickers merrily.

“Maybe, but I think you’d look sexy in pink... ooh, or a tight dress,” I chuckle evilly, dodging a small sock thrown my way.

“Why don’t we both be the females in this; I’ll be the Ellen to your Portia,” he replies, dragging out more clothes.

“Deal; but does that mean we’re lesbians now?”

“I guess so,” he laughs, shutting the now full case. “So, are you sure you want to do this?”

“Yeah, Caine, I need the extra help with me bedridden. Plus it means you’ll be my Sebastian for a few weeks,” I answer slyly.

“Well I guess I’ll just have to be ‘simply one hell of a butler’,” He winks, sitting on the bed beside me.

“I suppose so,” I answer.

“Awesome, I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning, okay? For now, enjoy being home. Rebecca said she’d be over to say goodbye tomorrow before she leaves.”

“Okay, thanks Caine. You truly are the best,” I yawn, settling back against my bed.

“Of course, babe; see you tomorrow,” he states, kissing me softly before leaving.
© Copyright 2016 Samantha (samantha1997 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091534-8-Coming-Home