*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093448-The-Andromeda-in-the-Sky
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #2093448
My thoughts being forgotten, and missing out on the future.
I've always had a fascination with space. I could spend hours, just learning about galaxies, planets, and stars. My favorite galaxy has always been the Andromeda galaxy, because its moving massive distances, just so it can reach us. Imagine how different the sky would look, with a whole new set of stars and planets to look at. It would also be miserable, like when you move from a house you've spent your whole life in, and years later, you stop by and find out that they painted the walls. And what makes it worse is that you've forgotten what it looked like before. You think as hard as you can, but right when you think you've got it, its gone.This is the reason I never want to die. I don't believe in any god, so to me, when I die along with everyone who knew me, I will be a blimp in history. I will become more dirt, fuel for the plants that feed our next generation. I will never see the Andromeda in the sky.
© Copyright 2016 A.C.Seibert (aidans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093448-The-Andromeda-in-the-Sky