*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103668-Gods-Chosen
Rated: ASR · Draft · Religious · #2103668
Transcript of longhand entry for NON
What does it mean to be God's chosen? The Bible states that the Jews/Israelites are Gods chosen ones. But how the bible illustrates being chosen is telling.

God chose Moses to lead His people out of Egypt and the slavery they experienced there. Moses was raised in Pharoah's household, yes, but he certainly wasn't there when God charged him with this task. Moses murdered a man and then ran for his life. In Egypt, murder was a capital offense and Moses would have paid with his life if he remained there. He lived as a shepherd for forty years, far from the prestige and splendor of his earlier life. Only after four decades away from Egypt did Moses receive God's message to him.

Moses' response? He argued. He cameup with reasonsit wouldn't work. He didn't want to. But God won the argument and Moses is more famous than any of the pharaohs. Moses didn't do it for fame. Moses didn't do it for glory. Moses didn't do it because of ambition. Moses did it because God wanted him to do this. All of his arguments came to nothing, because God wanted this and God is in control.

God went on to choose others. Saul, the first king, and his successor, David. The prophet Samuel. Hosea. Ezekiel. Even gentile rulers were chosen by God. Nebuchadnezzar was used by God to humble His people. Cyrus the king was chosen to send them home.

God chooses who He chooses, and when we acquiesce to His decisions, we can see His wonderful work in action. But only if we acquiesce. Knowing that we get a front-row seat to God's work, who wouldn't agree?
© Copyright 2016 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103668-Gods-Chosen