*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111272-My-Year-7-Induction-Day
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #2111272
Year 7 Induction Day



My Year 7 Induction Day

Even though I'm now double my age, let me take you back to July 2004, my Year 7 induction day.

The school houses were colours. The colours were red, yellow, blue, and green which reminded me of the flag of Mauritius.
There were eight tutor groups which were B,E,G,N,R,D,Y, and W. Sadly I was placed into the yellow house whereas my friends had been placed in blue. I found it mean but at the end of the day it was sad and true, and there was nothing that I could do.

The room lit up by the sound of eleven to twelve year olds greeting and meeting friends old and new. Unfortunately for me there was nobody I knew as everyone in my form group already knew each other as they were at the same school.


We were soon introduced to our head of year.
Mr Kibrit was his name and he was full of good cheer.
He branded us as "Kibrit's children and said this with a huge loving smile.
He then requested the eight form tutors to come up to the front and they marched down the hall aisle.
We were introduced to Mr Beaumont, the head master
I was eager to do the taster lessons and have a tour of the school and wished his speech would go a bit faster.
I then meet my form tutor Miss Roberts, a Modern Foreign Language teacher, and Mrs Rutman who was a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who was attached to our form group, and an anti-bullying group called Trust and Tell.

At the end of the induction day I couldn't wait to begin at my new school in September. Even though I have now left Woodbridge high school my Year 7 induction day will always be a day to remember.



© Copyright 2017 Andy Arura (awjrpospsb2022 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111272-My-Year-7-Induction-Day