*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121808-The-Winter-Forest
by Izzy
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2121808
A little girl wants to travel into the forbidden winter forest of her kingdom.
"Martha!" her mother cried while racing up to Martha's room in a panic. "Yes, mother?" Martha called back in a sweet, relaxed voice. Her mother came into her room and said, "The Peterson family is here for the morning tea that we promised them today! You have to hurry! They will arrive any minute! Up! Up! Up! Get out of bed!" Martha got up and put on her dress. "Not as fancy this time I see, mother," she said. "Oh, of course not! I thought I would give you a little break from all of those big dresses today, but you'll have to wear them at the ball tonight!" her mother shouted as she ran down into the living room. Ding! Dong! Ding! "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Peterson."
Mr. and Mrs. Peterson walked through the gigantic white doors with amazement. "You've certainly got a bit of a castle going here," Mrs. Peterson said. "Why yes, thank you," Martha's mother said. "Well, Mrs. France, we happened to see what beautiful winter woods you have behind the castle; too bad it's forbidden, oh, how much I would love to have a peek inside it." "Oh yes, me too," said Mr. Peterson. "Oh, well maybe just one little peek inside, okay?" Mrs. France said. And this is where our story began.
As they headed off into the forbidden forest, Martha decided to take a peek inside too. She made sure that her mom did not see her, or she would get in trouble. Real big trouble. She wandered forward. It was snowing! 'How could it be snowing? It's not winter. I just thought...it was the name.' thought Martha. She stepped into the snow and continued walking, faster and faster each time.
© Copyright 2017 Izzy (isabel.moller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121808-The-Winter-Forest