*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127804-What-I-Sacrifice-To-Become-A-Writer
Rated: E · Essay · Career · #2127804
Start now!
What am I willing to sacrifice to become a successful writer?

The amazing thing about this question is what did I already gave up just thinking and fretting over becoming a freelance writer. I have well over a hundred writing books. My wife is so sick and tired of hearing about my plans and (in her words) schemes, she's to the point of "just do it already."

I did a stint writing a weekly call for volunteers for local agencies in the South Bend Tribune for The Community Resource Center.

I tried a writing course for children, but my instructor kept pushing me to convert the young readers to his liberal ideals (that didn't last long).

I got a one year Certificate in Business Software just trying to break into the computer writing market.

I have great startup power but I wallow in the followup.

I'm not quite sure trying copywriting is the way I want to go but over the years I tried a number of things. I have to learn focus and follow through.

I will keep on trying until I get it right. That's all there is to it. I will keep on trying until I get it right. And I WILL get it right.
© Copyright 2017 WriterRick (rick12221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127804-What-I-Sacrifice-To-Become-A-Writer