*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129548-Just-keep-it-Daily-FF-Challenge
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2129548
Anything for her on your anniversary.
"Ugh" Kelly moaned to herself. "How is it only Tuesday? C'mon weekend. I need a girls night out.."

Working from home, Kelly often was ahead on her work. Which meant too much free time. She looked at the city's event calendar to see what was going on for Friday, the 17th.

"Hmm the 17th... looks like there's salsa danc--- HOLY BANANAS! Today's the 14! It's our anniversary, how did I forget Kari's gift? We're exchanging them once she's home."

Kelly bolted out the door and hopped to her car as she leveraged on her sneakers at the same time. Having maybe thirty minutes till Kari arrived home, Kelly floored the pedal on her way to the near by outlet jewelry store. She even yielded and rolled the stop signs.

She made it to the store and ran inside, fifteen minute window.

"Hi can you grab that gold bracelet?" Kelly said; almost as one word.

The cashier scanned it.

Kelly's eyes widened. "That's the price?! OK, here's my ID and card."

"I'm sorry miss but the machine is acting very slow today, if at all." The cashier warned.

Panicked and in a rush, not thinking Kelly grabbed her lover's gift and sprinted out the door yelling;

"Just keep them till they work! I can't lose my love".


         Kari loved the gorgeous gift Kelly gave her. She never takes it off, well, only to clean it before she visit's Kelly at the Women's Minimum security prison. The "card" Kelly had left was not the credit, but a pizza gift card. Kelly will be out in 36 months, 20 if she behaves. She'll never forget the 14th, 15th, 16th....any date ever again.

Words=279
© Copyright 2017 Craig Henders (craighenders at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129548-Just-keep-it-Daily-FF-Challenge