*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135313-Revelation-In-A-Nutshell--Pt1
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #2135313
This is the interpretation of the book of Revelation by chapter, made easy to understand.
Revelation In A Nutshell Pt.1
Today we will examine the Book Of Revelation by studying it chapter by chapter. I will focus on the main points in each chapter, that’s why we are calling it Revelation in a nutshell. Revelation chapter one is the introduction to the book. In it we learn who is the author of the book, Jesus Christ. The recipient of the book, the Apostle John, for the purpose of conveying the Revelation to the Church, the Body of Christ. The Revelation is a series of visions that John Saw. Here in chapter one John sees the glorified Jesus Christ, whom he describes in verses thirteen to sixteen. In the vision, Jesus tells John to send the Revelation to the seven churches that are in Asia, unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. Jesus tells John to write in three tenses, Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; then He interprets for John two of the symbols found in the Revelation, candlestick, stars, He says. The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches:

and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches…Chapters two and three gives us seven conditions of the church, the Body of Christ, from Pentecost to the Rapture. Each church listed represents a particular time period and condition of the church during the two thousand years of church history. Jesus goes into detail in the condition of the church using a church that actually existed during the time that John was given the revelation, the entire book of Revelation is prophetic, including Jesus description of the church during each time period. The church began at Pentecost, represented by the church at Ephesus, and will end at the Rapture of the church at the end of the church age, represented by the church at Laodicea. We can read the book of Revelation and know the condition, or the state of the church at any time during the two thousand years of it’s existence. Chapter four begins a new vision, now John is allowed to see activities at throne of God, he sees, four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

He also sees four angelic beings, whom he describe, the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle, these are high ranking angels. The Elders and Angels gives glory and honor to God continually by saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created…Chapter five continues the same vision. And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. This book that John sees in the Hand of God contains the information of the events that are about to take place on earth.

John sees Jesus Christ take the book out of God’s hand, Jesus is the only person worthy to take the book and look there on. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen.
And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever. Chapter six continues the same vision, John says, And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. The book that Jesus received from God contains the events at the beginning of the tribulation, it says, And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. The rider on this white horse is not Jesus Christ. Jesus is always pictured with a sword, the word of God. This rider is the anti-christ. He has a bow, but no arrows is a picture of him coming to power by peaceful means, not through war. John sees three additional riders on horses, each bringing a different catastrophic condition on the earth, war, famine, and death. John also sees a multitude of souls, saved during this first part of the tribulation, and they are told; that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. Lastly john says,when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Sinful humanity cries out and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand. The bible just called the tribulation the wrath of God. Chapter seven begins with the words, after these things. This tells us that John is about to start a new vision. Here in chapter seven John sees, four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. These servants of God are sealed to prevent them from being killed during their ministry in the tribulation. They come from twelve tribes of the children of Israel.

They number one hundred and forty four thousand. They are sent to every nation, tribe, and tongue. Verse nine gives us the success of their ministry, John says, After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands. Salvation is available during the tribulation.
Chapter eight continues the same vision, opening with Jesus opening the seventh seal, remember in chapter six, Jesus was given a seven seal scroll, each seal contain a judgment from God, here Jesus opens the seventh seal which releases the seven trumpet judgments. The trumpet judgments is an addition set of Judgments, they also number seven judgments. Every time an angel sound the trumpet, God sends another catastrophic event upon the earth. In verse ten the angel sounded the trumpet and, And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. Here the word star is used symbolically for angel, in prophetic writing, most of the time the word star will refer to an angel.

The word Lucifer means morning Star, therefore the word star is used to also mean angel. Chapter nine continues the same vision, it opens with the sounding of another trumpet, it says. And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. This bottomless pit is the place where demons are kept, they are released to wreck havoc on sinful mankind. These demons are called locusts because they devour, we are given a description of them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. In verse 13 the sixth angel sounded, and more demonic activity takes place; And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone. Over one million demons are released upon sinful humanity…Chapter ten is one of those informational chapters, they don’t further the Revelation, they just give us some information. Here John sees a huge angel stand with one foot on earth and one foot in the sea, he has a book in his hand that contain more prophecy. In Chapter eleven; John says; And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein .But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. The two witnesses here are two prophets that God will raise up during the tribulation and use them mightily. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. But God will allow the anti-christ to kill them only to raise them from the dead. After three days they are resurrected in plain sight giving even more credence to the power of God upon their lives. Chapter twelve begins with;

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. This woman here is none other than the Nation of Israel; The sun represents Jacob, the moon represents Rachael, the twelve stars represents the twelve sons of Jacob. The child that the woman brought forth is Jesus Christ. The Revelation continues; And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. The red dragon is Satan, the seven heads are seven kings that ruled during bible times, empowered by Satan, and the ten horns are ten kings that rule during the end times also empowered by Satan. Verse four says; And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:

and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. His tail is referring to Satan, who drew a third of the stars of Heaven. That word star here is referring to an angels, Satan drew a third of the angels of heaven in his rebellion, and cast them to the earth to devour the child as soon as He was born. After Jesus birth, king Herod had all the boy babies killed attempting to kill Jesus, this was the work of Satan. And she (Israel) brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. The male Child here is Jesus Christ, who after His ministry was caught up to God. And the woman (Israel) fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. God prepares a hiding place for the remnant of Israel until the second coming of Christ. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. This war takes place during the middle of the tribulation. Satan was cast out of the third heaven, he was cast out of the first heaven before God created Adam and Eve.

Copy link to hear Audio Version
http://www.drbernardajonesministries.org/book-of-revelation/
© Copyright 2017 Brobern (berlen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135313-Revelation-In-A-Nutshell--Pt1