*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144641-Moonlight
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2144641
Daily Flash Fiction - 31st of December 2017 (dance, nose, rock)
On an overdue stage next to the moonlit sea a boy stands throwing a rock between his hands. He found it earlier this day at the beach and immediately thought of her. It was in the shape of a heart and he was going to give it to her at the party, but he didn’t dare.

         “She has so many friends, everyone like her!” he says to himself looking down at the stone. ”And what do I have? Pretty things from the beach.”

He extends his arm backward and is just about to throw it into the ocean when he hears her voice from behind.

         “Wow, this place is so beautiful!”

He turns around to see her walking carefully over the ancient planks examining the wooden fence.

         “Old people used to dance here you know. I mean not old people, they were young like us. I mean old as in the old days. I mean it was a long time ago anyone danced here.” he looks down embarrassed.

         “Do you dance?” she asks him.

         “Sometimes.”

She smiles and walks up to him. They grab each other by the waist and shoulder and start dancing. The music from the mansion could be heard faintly and when it stopped so did they. He held out the heart-shaped rock in front of her.

         “It’s so pretty!” she exclaimed.

         “Just like you,” he said. “It’s yours.”

The fireworks started to go off just as his nose touched hers. They laughed briefly.

         “Happy new year,” she said looking into his eyes.

         “Happy new year,” he replied leaning forward.

Under the clear night sky with the bright moon shining white over the black waters and with the sound of fireworks in the background, the two lovers had their very first kiss.
© Copyright 2017 Sebastian (anciny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144641-Moonlight