*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144970-998-percent
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2144970
Daily Flash Fiction - 3rd of January 2018 (jar, tree, door)
         “You’re lying!” the man shouts.
         “I have the fact-chip installed. I’m literally incapable of lying.” a calm voice replies.
         “H-how do you know?”
         “I’m a seer-bot, and I was the top of my class.” the android replies. “I can see into the future with a 99.8% certainty and there’s a 100% certainty your wife is gett-”
         “For cupcake!” the man exclaims. “I’m gonna, I’m gon-”
         “Listen here!” the android interrupts. “This is actually good, I know how you can turn this in your favor.”
         “How!? How is this good!? My-”
         “Shh listen, they’ll never stay together. You know how your wife hates cooking? Well so does he and she will be mad when gains weight for eating out so often. She’ll come crawling back to you, but by then you’re in heaven!”
         “Go on...”
         “So; first go buy her that red tree for her mini-garden. Then go home to ‘surprise’ her. When you find them together you guilt trip her like crazy. Then leave for the Pickled Jar, a brunette will be sitting at the bar. She loves fast cars and you two will decide to leave everything behind for the Long Beach. There you’ll start up a grill and live in the warmth with a beautiful wife for the rest of your days.”
         “Wow… That’s...” the man says stunned.
         “It’s my job. Make people's lives better.”
         “Thank you...”
         “Spuun. Call me Spuun.”
         “How can I repay you, Spuun?”
         “If you’d unshackle me, and leave that door unlocked I’d appreciate it immensely.”
         “But I’ll get fired!”
         “You’ll be at Long Beach by then.” the android says with a smirk.
         The man does as the android says and leaves in a hurry.
         “I can read minds with a 99.8% certainty, I have no clue about the future. Poor guy.”
© Copyright 2018 Sebastian (anciny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144970-998-percent