*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148669-Thirst-For-Jesus
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #2148669
Fasting and being hungry for God

1 Chronicles 22:19
"Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise, therefore, and build the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the holy vessels of God into the house that is to be built for the name of the LORD."



You’re not hungry, you’re thirsty

Sunday through Tuesday that was my motto every time my stomach screamed at me to feed it. I’m not hungry, I’m just thirsty. This was my first time doing a fast and it was an incredible experience. Fasting makes room for God, it creates a deeper connection with Him, and opens up so many ways to move mountains.

When I am full, I am sluggish, unmotivated, tired, and there’s nothing for me to be hungry for. When I pray instead of eat, I am hungry for God in every way. I can’t even count how many times during these three days that I asked Him to fill me with His presence. I felt so energetic, clear headed, and focused on the Holy Spirit. I woke up with hunger pangs at 3:00 every morning so I would guzzle water and read scripture. I was so in tune with the Lord that I felt like He was sitting right next to me. I dove into this head first with my entire being and I am so glad I did. I am also so grateful to have done this fast with my Grace family, uniting together, hungry for the Lord, giving our school to Him. He is doing amazing things for Grace Christian School.
Lord Jesus bring your presence into the doors of our school, fill our hearts, minds, and souls with you. Forgive all of our past mistakes, give us wisdom, patience, and strength to every decision you lay before us. Allow us to continue our mission, Lord, we know that you are not done with it, set our souls on fire for you and I pray that others come to you through our ministry. Thank you for giving us exactly what we need exactly when we need it and not what we want when we want it. Rebuke everything the enemy sets in our path and destroy any negativity that enters our battlefield. We are yours and you’ve already won in Jesus name, Amen.
© Copyright 2018 M.E. Kang (mgraham1212 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148669-Thirst-For-Jesus