*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2163360-The-Art-of-Mortality
by CyPhi
Rated: E · Fiction · Experience · #2163360
Prompt: What do expect will happen at the end?
It’s been a long time since you’ve been gone. And many of the people you know are gone as well. I’m sorry I have to be the one to tell you this and for that I am heartfully sorry.

Ideas are what bring people together. You helped in the only way you really could. I could say more but the world has changed.

All I’m here for is to say I remember you from years ago and I just wanted to stop by and say hello and to leave you something for you.

This is what you would have wanted to see, had you actually lived long enough.

You could have done so much more with it.

We’ve been preserving as much as we can from each person who signed up. And you were a donor. So it may sound strange but I have your brain here. And look what we can do now.

You see, when people die we can have their graves project some aspect of their brain.

Usually, the most important memories survive. And whomever visits can see for themselves what the past was like. It’s the best we can come up with with this technology.

So while you are gone and not with us. We like to think that this is how we all can live on. A eulogy of sorts. So you along with thousands of others and likely many more to come are still alive to show what we all use to be like.

We’ll see you later. Thank you for your time.

And by the way, we are calling all those who donate the Curators.

Because these aren’t called graveyards any more.

When we die, we are part of a museum.
© Copyright 2018 CyPhi (cyphi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2163360-The-Art-of-Mortality