*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167509-Mom-to-Grandma
by Angie
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2167509
I just recently became a grandma (6 months ago). This isn't the best but wanted to share.
26 years ago Christmas Day you came into this world.
I was only 17, in a month and 5 days I would be celebrating my 18th birthday.
I was so grateful my parents were there when you made your grand entrance, because unfortunately I picked the wrong soon to be father.
You were a blessing and you still are my greatest accomplishment, even though I am sure you are unaware.
Time came and went by so fast!
6 months ago you gave me the opportunity to be there to see my granddaughter come into the world.
I was so proud that you were there too and that my son was a man and going to be a dad.
That day is still so surreal, a day I thought I would never be able to experience.
I am so proud of the man you have become.
I still have a hard time knowing that through out your life I was not always by your side.
But I wish you could know how many tough decisions I had to make, and how many times I have cried wishing things were done differently.
I want you to know how much I truly love you and to tell you that I am so proud of you.
Thank you for this opporunity, I can finally say "Mom is now a Grandma".
I love you kiddo [e:Heart]




© Copyright 2018 Angie (butrfly74 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167509-Mom-to-Grandma