*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178102-My-Name-Is-Joan
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Comedy · #2178102
Life is full oof surprises.
"My name is Joan Marsh and I have been out of work for 19 months. I know you don’t care, but you will by the end of this conversation. Last night I felt like my tiny little apartment had become a cage that I was locked in, and the key has been put just out of my reach. It seems these days everything is just out of my reach. It doesn’t matter how small the goal I set for myself, I always fail. I can’t even get a good night’s sleep because my neighbor plays loud music all night long, I’ve even resorted to plugging my ears with cotton to drown out the noise. Even that doesn't work."
"Like I said you would care, because I’m here in answer to your ad. You said you need a person willing to submit to medical testing, I’m that person. I figure its my only chance to have some peace and quiet. I'm exhausted. I don't have any money saved, so a vacation is out of the question. I'm hoping I will qualify for your study."

Interviewer: "Oh,you sound like you're just the type of person we are looking for. Can you start tomorrow?"

Joan: "Sure."

Interviewer: "Remember compensation requires that you complete our study and even if you do want to quit you still have to complete 72 hours before we can release you."

Joan:" I understand."

"Okay Joan we will see you tomorrow at 8:00 am."

Joan got up and left after receiving her welcome packet.
The two researchers turn and face one another, smiling as they watch Joan exit the room.

The guy speaks first, "You want to place a bet on how long she will last when she finds out it’s a Sleep Deprivation study."

Woman interviewer: "Well, I can guarantee she will last 72 hours."

They both laugh mischievously.


© Copyright 2018 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178102-My-Name-Is-Joan