*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180568-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Essay · Contest Entry · #2180568
Let's talk about '19, shall we?
*Dog2*
From the Desk of Mastiff



Dear Me,

First off, before we get to what you're going to do in 2019, I have an item to discuss with you about last year. Remember that thing you had done? Well, you shouldn't have been up typing anything with that big pillow sling on, and you know entering Nano was not smart. Not that I'm not proud of you, I am, but along with surprised you finished it... I was also horrified. Be glad your recovery is going so well, because you could have pooched it badly.

So, I know you'll be smarter in 2019. Although I suspect you'll keep up with both the new contest, Write in 2019, and Schnujo's Contest Challenge that you started last year. In fact, you know it's a great deal of fun to do as many of the contests on that site as possible! Challenges are a good thing. Remember how many of those contests pushed you into a different genre? Or a form of writing that was not in you comfort zone? It's good to do that. Oh, I've heard tale you need to write in first person more. It's true. So don't just vary your genre, vary some style. In fact, see if you can rewrite a story in a different voice! Double dog dare ya.

Here's another tip for the new year. Be thankful for the great reviews you get and remember to be humble. I know you pride yourself on them as well, but as you were reminded today, other reviewers can do it better. Yes, you have a contest that will require 52 reviews this year, but don't forget to give back in other ways. Besides, you did say that one thing to that one guy... You know what I mean. Finally, while you may have some skills, you are by no means a Billy Bean prospect, so don't pretend you are anything close. Some ability? Sure. But you need to learn plenty of skills, and don't you forget it. Even if you disagree with something, or someone, it's still an awesome way to learn.

Finally, one more thing. You have no big project. When you came here you had a couple, but now you don't seem to have as much to say. Of course, experiences can only take you so far, and you did a fair bit in sharing, but what now? Well, in this year you need to come up with an idea, and at least put a long draft to paper, and maybe more. So, yeah, it's a good plan. You go for it!


Good luck,


You, from later I think.

(WC:448)
© Copyright 2019 Mastiff (mastiff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180568-Dear-Me