*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2182837-Albert-and-Victoria
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2182837
A trip to Italy?




Albert and Victoria


"Let's go to Italy." Georgina said to Fred. She had a colored brochure in her hand.

"For goodness sakes why? I am fine here. Besides, that place has a bad reputation. You know, lawlessness, robbers, the Mafia. And Venice is going under water. Sounds like a bad idea to me." Fred took the TV remote and tuned into the BBC.

Georgina took the remote back and turned off the TV. "Oh come on, you know, the Romans, the Vatican. I can think of a hundred reasons to go!"

"Would you please let this go? You've been on this kick for weeks. I can think that my many hundreds, no make that thousands, of dollars are better spent right here in the good old US of A." Fred tuned back in to the BBC. The show he liked best was soon coming on. He did not want to miss a second of it, and didn't wish to listen to drivel about Italy.


Soon, however, Fred and Georgina WERE on their way to Italy; sailing across the Atlantic on a wonderful ocean liner.

"You never have really come clean about why you said yes to coming on this trip, Fred."
They were standing on deck, looking down at the ocean below. The waves broke over the bow of the ship, leaving white froth along the sides. Georgina's dress and hair blew in the breeze, a big smile on her face.

"Well, it is like this. On BBC one night, I learned that Queen Victoria visited Italy at least three times. You know how obsessed I am with that woman." Fred leaned over the railing and looked at the waves. "So I figured I would see what the big deal is. And if she could do it, well, so could I."

Georgina was well aware of his obsession and smiled a bit. "Of course I know how much you admire her. But I hope you love me more!" She put her arm through his.

"As much as Albert loved his little Queen, liebchen."


W/C 340




© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2182837-Albert-and-Victoria