*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192403-Events--held-in-Yorkshire-in-August-2019
Rated: E · Article · Travel · #2192403
We have highlighted the events and festivals that will take place in August.

Events and Festivals to be Held in Yorkshire in August 2019

Situated at a distance of 174 miles, Yorkshire is known as one of the beautiful cities of the UK. It is famous for hosting events and festivals that are famous all over the worlds. Many people travel to Yorkshire to enjoy these events and celebrate the festivals. Though some people often don't get a chance to visit Yorkshire at the beginning of the year when most of the celebrations take place, that doesn't mean you cannot visit Yorkshire and enjoy the festivals.

According to some travellers, the most happening time to visit Yorkshire is between May to August as it is the time when most interesting events happens in the city. So, here we have highlighted the events and festivals that will take place in August.

  1. Underneath the Stars Festival - August 2-4

It is a family-friendly music festival that will be held near Barnsley. People from all around the city come to join and enjoy this festival. The area where this festival is hosted every year is surrounded by stunning forestry that makes it more enticing. It looks like an ideal gateway and home to two covered stages in circus-style big top tents. And when you find yourself in such an environment in British weather, it's completely overwhelming.

Also, as it's a music festival, the music program runs alternatively - so, you'll not miss any of the concerts. The pub-style bar tent at the festival provides visitors with real ale and more exciting things.

  1. Yorkshire Scarborough Cricket Festival - August 18-21

Cricket has always been a favourite sport of British people. And the Scarborough Cricket Festival increases the excitement of people all around the UK. It is an end of the season series of cricket matches that feature Yorkshire County Cricket Club and has been held in Scarborough since 1876.

It is known as one of the most historic sporting events in the world. Also, it has been a host to some great cricketers of the world over the years. The cricket ground is situated at North Marine Road, which gets filled with the audience during the festival season since 1876. Also, the stands built right to the boundary edge offer exceptional views and unique atmosphere.

  1. Yorkshire Ebor Racing Festival - August 21-24

This is one of the major festivals of Yorkshire that hold sporting events combined with fashion and fun for four consecutive days. The Ebor Racing Festival race, known as The Jewel in the Crown is the richest, oldest, fastest and famous races of the world.

It was ranked number one of all thoroughbred horse races in the world since 2012-2014. It was won by Frankel, who is known as the best thoroughbred in history. Apart from this festival, you might don't want to miss the ever famous Ebor Fashion Lawn that offer style and elegance in abundance.

So, if you're excited to attend any of these festivals, then book your tickets to Yorkshire today. However, if you choose to arrive at Heathrow airport, then consider booking airport transfers to Yorkshire in advance. It will help you avoid any last minute hassles and reach your destination on time.

© Copyright 2019 katebrown (katebrown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192403-Events--held-in-Yorkshire-in-August-2019