*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194201-Mokie
Rated: E · Assignment · Writing.Com · #2194201
Mokie was a smart, greedy little monkey that liked to steal food
"Fill in the Blanks



Once upon a time there was a smart, greedy little monkey called Mokie. Everyday, Mokie would go scavenging for food near a human camp. He had a knack for arriving at just the right time, usually after a meal or fruits were prepared and left unattended on a lunch table or chair outside a tent. Mokie studied the humans’ movements carefully and when the coast was clear, he would scurry across to the table or chair and steal as much as he could. Sometimes, it required him making a few trips to the woods to store the stolen goodies inside the trunk of an old tree for later retrieval. However, when the humans returned to enjoy what they prepared, they were astonished and annoyed to discover that some or all of their food had disappeared.

One day, Tom, who was a regular camper brought his dog, Max along after becoming a victim of Mokie’s frequent robbery. Max’s purpose was to alert Tom to any intruders. Confident that Max would soon catch the culprit, Tom started making preparations for breakfast. He was a man who enjoyed cooking and had a big appetite to boot. Max had run off into the bushes to do his business especially after he smelled the bacon and eggs that Tom was frying. He was smacking his jaw and salivating at thought of munching on his share.

Because of that, he was completely oblivious of Mokie watching him from a low-lying branch. Mokie guessed at the reason for Max’s appearance but didn’t let that deter him. He still intended to continue with his thievery but decided to avoid any campers with dogs. He hoped this was the only one present, and that there weren’t others, otherwise that would just foil his plans. Mokie had jumped to the ground while pondering different scenarios and possibilities. Engrossed in thought, he didn’t observe Max stalking him.

Until finally, he turned around and stared into eyes of Max who was a huge, black rottweiler poised to attack. The frightened Mokie could only tremble and gulp.

© Copyright 2019 Nitraits (nitraits at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194201-Mokie