*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2195132-A-Letter-to-God
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #2195132
based on a dream
I woke up with this song in my head:
The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
https://youtu.be/0wrsZog8qXg

I don’t believe that God is some white man in the sky with a white beard dressed in white robes. God appears in different ways to different people. God is in the people we love, both those here on Earth and those who are no longer with us. This is a letter to one of my gods.

---

I knew you hadn’t abandoned me.
Last night’s dream was beautiful and intense.

It was dark. You were listening to a woman, a former coworker of mine from Girl Scout Camp, talk. The two of you were looking over a nighttime forest landscape.

She was going on about me behind my back (though technically she was in front of me and her back was towards me) about how I thought I was so special, how I thought you were mine but didn’t deserve you.

You didn’t speak to her but merely listened. I watched the two of you. When you turned around, you both saw me standing there, at the bottom of a short wooden staircase between us.

She glared at me but didn’t say a word. We approached each other slowly, purposefully, meeting on the staircase . . . and kissed.

And again, you kissed me so she could see it wasn’t a mistake. You took your time aligning your mouth to mine, making each kiss count.

The coworker was rendered speechless.

You are mine, but that doesn’t stop you from belonging to others as well.

You are in my heart always.
© Copyright 2019 K5Rakitan (k5rakitan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2195132-A-Letter-to-God