Entry for August 1-15, Oriental Poetry Contest
|Form for August 1-15:
The elements of the Dodoitsu are:
1. syllabic, written in 26 syllables or less. (in Japanese, 26 onji or sound syllables, impossible to translate to English)
2. commonly written in 4 lines of 7-7-7-5 syllables each.
3. a moment or thought quickly captured.
4. usually unrhymed but rhyme can be at the poet's discretion
5. most often written with a touch of humor.
She said, “I do.” He said, “Me, too.”
Once wed they soon started
A life of bliss, so it seemed.
Love died; they parted.