*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200098-Snow-Runner
by Khizar
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #2200098
A young musher in the Arctic is willing to win a sled race but something unusual happens.
'White-fur is injured in the leg,she can't run', said Dad. White-fur is my favorite dog but she got injured last year. Her leg was stuck in a root while she was running a race. She is fine now but dad thinks that she is now too slow to lead the sled. I guess I can say I am a good rider but not a good dog-leader because I am not a dog but a 13-year-old human boy. I had spent two weeks trying to convince my dad to let White-fur be the team leader but no, Dad just won't allow me to. The next day was the 8th Antarctic dog-sled race A.K.A 'The Battle Of The Mushers'. The winner's prize was much more than I had expected so I had to do my best. I had made up my mind to make White-fur my leader so I went to the track 2 hours before the race started . In this way, my dad couldn't notice me make White-fur the leader but I am glad that I choose him as my leader. When the race started and we left , I noticed that he track was not aligned . Something was wrong. Unfortunately, I came to know why. We were lost and were out of the boundary. When suddenly, HALF OF THE SLED FELL IN THE ICE. White-fur began to slow down but I couldn't see anywhere on his face that he was nervous. Suddenly, he dashed and ran faster than the breaking ice. I shouted, 'We can do it , We can do it!'. After 10 minutes, we had reached the finish line just before ANY OTHER SLED COULD DO!! We had Won! Thanks all to White-fur for saving mine and the other dogs' life and helping us win the championship.




Inspired by 'Black Star, Bright Dawn' by Scott O'Dell
© Copyright 2019 Khizar (khizar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200098-Snow-Runner