*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202644-Pippa
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2202644
Flash Fiction
Pippa

“How did you get in here?”

“I don’t know.”

“Where did you come from?”

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t have to be so scared. I won’t hurt you.”

“Where am l?”

“You’re in my room. Where were you before?”

“I was with my mommy.”

“Was something wrong there?”

“It was very loud. I was crying. Mommy was holding me and she was crying and she put me in a box and told me she’d come get me soon. Is it soon yet?”

“I don’t think so. I think your mommy sent you to me until she could come get you. She knew I would take care of you.”

“Will Mommy come now?”

“I don’t know.”

“I’m scared.”

“Do you want a hug?”

“Yes,”

Gerald held out his arms, not sure what was going to happen but willing to try. The soft yellow glow drifted over and he felt a small weight against him. He closed his arms gently and as his eyes adjusted he could see a tiny figure in his arms.

“Is this too tight?” he asked

“No, I like it. Do you think my Mommy will come soon?”

“I don’t know but I’ll stay with you until she comes. My name is Gerald. What is your name?”

“Pippa.”

Gerald looked out the window of the observatory, high up on the mountain, and wondered how long he would need to keep this small creature safe before life on earth changed forever. Looking back, he smiled. However long it took, he would do it.

Pippa’s mom smiled down from her ship. She had work to do but now she knew Pippa would be safe. “I’m ready,” she called, and her crew launched her pod off to join the battle.
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202644-Pippa