*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2207152-Mid-Life
by PD
Rated: E · Fiction · Experience · #2207152
Flash Fiction.
Mid-Life

Mid-life crisis. I didn't even know what it is, until it bumped right into me. So to explain, it is a phase where you lose all the wisdom earned over years and start craving experiences. One fine evening, I was lying on my sofa enjoying my pre-dinner news on the TV, when I saw her. Ripped-masculine-sturdy-- "Perfect" I yelled. I could feel a surge of adrenaline pumping into me. I was imagining myself riding the bike on the Delhi- Bangkok International Freeway wearing the ray-ban, leather jacket, biking boots and a smirk on the face. Next morning, I was in the Harley Davidson showroom, trying to negotiate the price for the exorbitant beast.
Fueled with excitement, I brought her home. Arrogantly ignoring the rage of my wife, I planned a month long solo bike trip to Bangkok. I started off on a Friday morning, with the 'Swades' song playing in my earphones. The excitement drug faded in the first five hundred kms. The stubborn ego lasted for the next 100 kms. Soon, I couldn't feel my back. Mid-life crisis or whatever you call it made me forget that I am a chronic back pain patient. I braked besides a huge tree on the Highway, and thought to rest my back for a while, only to realize that getting up again was impossible. I could only imagine the look on my wife's face if I return home now.
Till date I have resisted to show her the photographs of the trip.
A-C-D-B



© Copyright 2019 PD (praneetdaspute at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2207152-Mid-Life