*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209388-Fear
Rated: E · Fiction · Psychology · #2209388
The feeling of fear when you are alone in darkness.
The lights are fluctuating on streets, for a sec its all bright and then complete darkness. Walking alone back to home while road is dead as wind like nothing moving. Such utter silence is hitting hard on the ears as every little sound is clear as crystals. All six sense are working overtime and feeling of being followed by someone creep in.

When street light went off, all of sudden wind starts blowing off and sound of being followed became more louder. Being on empty street and being followed, open up whole new subconscious level of mind which stops you from moving. Right in middle of darkness, feeling of someone being around you as it caught you and made you froze.

You started to feel it as it take over your body. You are running as fast as you can but going nowhere like running on treadmills. Mind already made an image of the follower and now you can see it in such darkness, reminding you of all worst things. Follower and you are face to face and it staring you.

Its breath makes your heart beat faster and coldness of night cannot stopped you from sweating and your eyes are about to close like you are ready for surrender. As you close your eyes, real darkness takes over and you started to feel more safe and unaware of dark street.

Slowly and slowly follower is vanishing as light on street is back to full brightness. Your feeling of fear ended with a laugh and gazing the beautiful sky.
© Copyright 2020 Vjay (vjydv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209388-Fear