Here are 5 reasons you shouldn't use when calling off from work.
| Employers aren't particularly fond of their employees calling off from work when they are needed. It doesn't really matter if it's because they are sick or for some other reason. They feel that there's a job to be done, and that they are paying you to be there to do it. However in the real world it always doesn't work that way, and people are going to want to be off from work from time to time for what ever reason. That's just how life works. Most importantly do take the time to call in and let your employer know what's going on, so that they can schedule someone else for your job vacancy. This is important because employers really frown upon AWOL's or absent without leave. Another important factor is to have a valid reason for why you will be out of work. Below are some real stories of excuses people used in an attempt to get out of work. Some of these excuses back fired on the person wanting a day off.
5 reasons you shouldn't use when calling in to be off from work -
1) A worker at a local chemical company called in one day, and told his boss that he wouldn't be able to come to work today. His reason was that his dog ate his car keys, and he had to wait for his dog to go to the bathroom so that he could get his keys back.
2) At a small town grocery store a teenage girl called her boss, and asked to be off for her Grandmother's funeral. The boss gladly without any hesitation granted her the day off. Later on that afternoon the girl's grandmother came on into the same grocery store for her regular weekly grocery shopping.
3) A man at a local tool factory called in sick. Sounded simple enough until later on in the day he decided to go Christmas shopping. While in the store shopping an armed robbery occurred. That next day when he returned to work the human resources department called him in to discuss his picture that was on the front page of the local newspaper as a witness to the robbery.
4) A woman called in sick to her job at a store mall, while standing on the boardwalk at a beach with loud carnival and amusement park sounds in the back ground. While still on the phone, her boss told her not to bother coming back to work at the mall.
5) A young man who worked at a textile mill called his boss up, and told him that he wouldn't be into work tonight. The reason being he got high and drove his truck into a river, and he needed to get it back out onto dry ground before it started to rain. Needless to say the following day he was told to go on down to the medical office to partake in a drug test.
It is highly recommended that you don't use any of these excuses to get a day off from work. Where I work now you are not allowed to miss anymore then 3 days. I'm currently at the very last day now that I can miss from work.
Click on picture to collect
When the next screen appears
scroll down & click on the
green box that says collect.
Now it's yours forever & ever