*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2211664-My-Wishful-Hope
Rated: E · Poetry · Environment · #2211664
Watching the impeachment hearings, I decided to write a poem of encouragement.
My wishful hope to bear in mind, is a way for us to be good and kind. In a world full of struggles, it's hard not to be in stress; I'd rather see that you were blessed.

Let's take all hostility to a halt, there's too much out there; it's not our fault. Uncertainty of what this world will be like, we should stick together and do what's right, instead of getting into fights.

Let's get in gear, no living in fear. Be strong enough to get along, and don't obsess with what is wrong.

We need to feel that we're protected, not rejected. If we could put our minds together, we could brave all kinds of weather.

It doesn't matter how hard it gets, we need to get rid of all the clatter, and help us know that we matter.

Make us all true to our word, and let us know when we've been heard. It's okay to weep; we don't need to hide our tears. Don't try to be stronger than you are, it's not good to stuff it in any longer. You're a person who feels emotions, and wants to be the one who heals.

My wishful hope is to make our dreams real, this of course would be ideal. If you can see what I see now, you'd be where you'd love to be, kneeling down on your knees, praying for a better world; it can be done if we stick together and get along.

Written By Anna Marie Carlson
Thursday, January 30, 2020
© Copyright 2020 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2211664-My-Wishful-Hope