*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214387-Blue-Tuesday
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2214387
Flash fiction
"What day is it?" Helen asked the carer.

"It's Tuesday, Mrs. Harper."

"My daughter's coming today. She comes every Tuesday you know."

"Yes, Mrs. Harper. Now let's get you washed and dressed shall we?" The old lady was helped to the commode. Her nightie was removed and the carer washed and dried her.

"What do you want to wear, Mrs. Harper?"

"My blue dress of course. It's Tuesday. My daughter's coming." Dressed, with her hair brushed, the old lady was wheeled into the dining room.

"Toast or cereal?" When Helen didn't answer straight away the girl moved to the next person. "Toast or cereal?" They all got porridge. Without enough time to finish it, Helen was wheeled to the lounge. She craned her neck to watch the door.

"It is Tueday, isn't it?" she asked repeatedly.

"Is her daughter coming?" the new girl asked.

"Mrs. Harper's 97. Her daughter died fifteen year ago."

153 words


© Copyright 2020 Odessa Molinari (omstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214387-Blue-Tuesday