*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220203-Philippians-46-8
Rated: E · Essay · Religious · #2220203
My interpretation.
Phillipians 4:6-8

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."


This passage has special meaning for me. I suffer all too often from anxiety. Just today I worried after I hadn't heard from my cousin all day. She is the only one that shows she cares for me. My anxiety automatically kicked in and I thought the worse.


My anxiety makes me weak and falter in my walk with the Lord. I become an easy target for the enemy at such moments. I forget to see the peace and grace He has shown me. I know He allows things to happen in this world to teach and strengthen His children. Unfortunately I bring worry on myself that is truly unnecessary by taking on the cares of this world that I have no control over. I need to heed 1 Peter 5:7 "casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you."


This is another way to phrase Ephesians 6:10-18. When we wear the armor of God we are prepared to take on the cares this world puts before us. With peace and faith I am able to control my anxiety, to lean on Him when I am weak.


My anxiety is a form of pride. I am in essence saying I can do that which God cannot. Instead I must do as James 4:10 exhorts. Humble myself before Him and he will lift me and carry away my worries.


I need to pray and thank Him for all He has given me and friends and family. I need to remember that I am not alone, He is always there for me and He will love me and see me through my trouble. He promises me serenity, courage and wisdom if I rely on Him.
© Copyright 2020 tblaine (tblaine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220203-Philippians-46-8