*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227608-Empowered
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #2227608
Sing a song of freedom
She stood long and tall. Her thick locks blowing in the breeze every so slightly, her smooth brown skin gleaming in the sun. She is strong, beautiful, peaceful, and confident, she tells herself this every day. She will continue to do so until she believes every word. She is talking to her Lord and listening to hear his words. He whispers sweetly in her hear you are strong, you are beautiful, you are peaceful, you are confident and you are mines I am with you, my child. My Lord I struggle she says, matters not, he says I got you. I am weak she says, you are strong in me, he says and it doesn't matter, I got you. I fall short often, she says I let you down, I knew you would let me down just pray and repent, I got you it matters not. Stay close to me he says and you will be ok. My help is never far away just call out my name. What if she starts to say but he says be quiet and still my child trust me I will lead you in my way. Just keep going and growing and pray often so you will not faint and your Lord Jesus will take you all the way. This earth is not your home stay in my way on the straight and narrow road and soon you will see me, be with me forever.


241 words and 1,1,68 characters.
© Copyright 2020 Happy to write (ndbassett40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227608-Empowered