The psychological effect on children of COVID to below poverty level children.
|The psychological effect on children due to COVID pandemic
We live in a poor country like India where more than 70% of people live below the poverty level. So, the mid-day meal project for poor children becomes very popular. Through this project, they get free of cost education with their daily lunch. Though this meal is not enough nutritious, they get it in sufficient quantity. They take meals with joy with their friends in a friendly atmosphere.
Now, Due to this pandemic, these children suffer most. The reasons are given below:-
1. There is no schooling, at all. So, education of them is completely stopped. They do have a single mobile in their family. So, how do they learn online? This is one of the cases of frustration to those children. Even, they do not study anything for a long while.
2. They do not get foods regularly. Even, when they get it, it is insufficient in quantity. Please, do not forget, they are children. So, they understand that their right to education, their right to get regular food are stopped suddenly. They consider these actions as a crime. But, they are helpless. They have to obey these silently.
3. The children are mentally very upset, we can understand this very well.
4. Due to this enormous mental pressure, some other critical illness takes place.
5. As they Don't have sufficient antibody, damage rate is very fast.
How can we do for them? The normal atmosphere is needed, not new normal.
Psychological counselling is mandatory for every student. The government should extend his helping hand to free of cost treatment which will be lumpsum amount.