*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233323-A-Grandmas-Wish
Rated: E · Draft · Children's · #2233323
A story for my son to give to his granny for Christmas.
There once was a time when my Grandma was very lonely. Though she was surrounded by family and friends and a daughter and son-in-law that adored her, she still felt that something was missing.

She spent her days working hard and her nights filled with a longing in her heart.

She did not know exactly what was missing in her life, but she hoped she would find it soon.

One night her daughter and son-in-law came over with a surprise! It was a birthday present that they hadn't yet given her. They said she still had several months to wait until it arrived.

This surprise, she knew, was exactly what she had been waiting for. Soon I would be cuddled in her arms.

As the months wore on, she couldn't help but get more and more excited. Soon the missing piece of her heart would be here.

Now she spent her days dreaming a whole life for me. She planned and prepped with her daughter to make sure everything was perfect for my arrival.

As the big day grew near, the grandma couldn't wait to get the call; the call that said I was on my way!

Early one morning, that call finally arrived and she rushed to be by her daughter's side as her precious I made my way into the world.

This was the moment she had been waiting for so long! The moment she got to hold me in her arms!
© Copyright 2020 StarrQueen (starrking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233323-A-Grandmas-Wish