*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236708-Jacks-Birthday
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #2236708
Jack's Birthday Coincides with Halloween
When your birthday falls on Halloween, you wind up celebrating two events at once. For Jack's family, Halloween was a big event. There were Halloween decorations all over the place and everyone was in costume including Jack. His mother had done a nice job making his face look extra spooky and it didn't go unnoticed by the guests. A lot of them said he looked really good. He returned any compliments with a wide smile.

Throughout the day Jack helped his family host the party. He greeted new guests as they came in and guided visiting children to the candy which sat in a bowl beside him. The highlight of the party for Jack came at night though. Everyone gathered around and dimmed the lights as his mom brought out his birthday candle. The single candle was a beautiful sight for Jack. The yellow light shone brightly flickering within his eyes. With all Jack's friends and family around him... he was filled with a warm feeling and happy memories. True to birthday tradition Jack never said his wish aloud but he didn't need to. His wish had already come true. A Jack O Lantern's purpose was to ensure the people around him had a Happy Halloween and as Jack gazed at all the happy faces that were with him, it was clear that he had succeeded in his goal.




Author's Note: This short was written for the "Invalid Item as part of the Halloween Carnival. Happy Halloween Everyone! *Jackolantern2*

249 words
© Copyright 2020 KingsSideCastle (kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236708-Jacks-Birthday