*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238621-Are-we-there-yet
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #2238621
A shrewd old lady if your are shrewd enough to understand her.
BigPark street , London
Crispian noticed an old lady ,dressed elegantly, hurrying herself from a large house supported by her shillelagh and approaching his cab. In the front yard there is a young lady, beautifully dressed in white long frock, deeply immersed in a cheerful discussion with her friend .
"Boy, where did you learn your manners? , don't you hold the car door for me?" old lady asked Crispian.
"Are you Madame Rhea?" Crispian asked by getting out of his car.
"Who else do you expect, idiot? No need to hold the door after I begged you. Come and sit down" said the old lady.
"God! bless me patience", Crispian gritting his teeth climbed his driving seat.
"Will you tell me the destination address Madame?" Crispian asked.
"Cornerstone church" said the old lady.
"Are we there yet?" old lady questioned Crispian after passing 10 minutes
" Didn't you ask the same question a minute before Madame?" Crispian questioned the old lady by hardly suppressing his indignation.
"Didn't you tell me that we will reach in 30 minutes?" old lady raised her voice to match Crispian.
"God!. someone please drag this old lady to mental hospital" mumbled Crispian .
After 30 minutes they reached the cornerstone church which is fully decorated with flowers and crowded with uniformly dressed people. A tall handsome man who is in suit ,looking vaguely familiar to Crispian, holding a bouquet and jogging to and fro wearing a gloomy expression. Crispian helped the old lady to get out of car.
"Glad to meet you" old lady chuckled and vanished into the crowd.
Crispian teared his gaze to see a message from his boss "CRISPIAN,WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? MS.RHEA IS IN BIGPARK.TODAY IS HER WEDDING.IF YOU ARE LATE TO PICK HER UP ,I WILL KILL YOU"
Crispian gasped.
© Copyright 2020 informal (writerinformal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238621-Are-we-there-yet