*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245701-Sallys-Bad-Hair-Day
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2245701
300 words or less flash fiction story
One day, Sally decided to dye her hair red. On her day off, she decided to try to put the dye in by herself. She got all her supplies ready and stepped into the bathtub to contain the mess. She divided her hair into sections with hair clips. Then she began to apply the dye. She worked meticulously in one section at a time. When she thought she had the dye all in her hair, she began the wait for the dye to take. She didn't think to look in the mirror while she was doing this. The time came to rinse out the dye. She turned on the water and rinsed her hair thoroughly. After drying her hair with the towel, it was then that she looked into the mirror.

With horror, she realized her hair wasn’t red at all. It was a strange shade of orange. Plus there were spots she missed. She had this orange hair mixed with areas of dark brown. She wrapped the towel back around her head and decided to drive to a friend's house for help.

She grabbed her purse, keys, and phone, and headed for her car. She was in such a hurry, she accidentally set the alarm off and the towel fell off her head. She could just imagine everyone in the neighborhood looking out their windows and staring.

She started the car, and drove to her friend’s house. Her friend helped her fix hair after having a good laugh of course. After all, what are friends for?


Notes
© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245701-Sallys-Bad-Hair-Day