*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245970-Banana-Jamboree
Rated: E · Short Story · Activity · #2245970
Never Hire Sock Monkeys to Organize your Party!
Author's Note: This was written in response is the following newsfeed prompt here: "Note: Earlier I was Shocked And Dismayed, You Can Rea..."

Feel free to try this one yourself...

Sock Monkey Chaos


I have a little bit of a side story leading into this. When I was reading the prompt... I immediately thought back to an incident where a group of youtuber twins were playing around in Fort Nite and streaming their experiences. In a hilarious moment, in one the rounds the older twin dressed up her character as a Sock Monkey and had her avatar take out a Ukulele and sing.

She meant to sing "S-O-C-K-S... S-O-C-K-S...S-O-C-K-S That is What I'm Made of"... However she wound up misspelling the word socks replacing the first S with another letter causing her to accidentally spell out another word instead. Neither twin noticed her mistake and continued gaming.

They run a very Family Friendly channel so naturally the live comments were in shock...

"Did she?"

"No way"

"I don't think she knows how to spell Socks correctly."

"LOL"

Even the chat moderators were trying to keep straight faces telling people to ignore the gamer's mistake along with sending sweat emojis.

About halfway through the stream... one of Twin's friends who was also watching the stream texts the streamers letting them know about the mistake.

You could see the twins reactions in real time. The older twin looked confused at first. "I misspelled Socks?" She asked. Then she turned bright red as she realized what she was spelling out and burst out laughing uncontrollably when she read the comments. "I said I was made out of them... That is so embarrassing"

She did wind up taking it in stride laughing along with her sister and admitting that she was a comedic genius albeit unintentionally.

You can see highlights of the said Sock Monkey Faux Pas stream below...

Anyway... my own experience with Sock Monkey zaniness happened a few years back. I had found this party company called 5 Sock Monkey Brothers online who were offering very cheap rates. For the low price of 5 bunches of Bananas, they would organize the party and handle the music, entertainment, and catering. I made the mistake of hiring them to do my birthday party. Sock Monkeys might look all innocent and cute but it turns out they are actually quite opinionated and they have very specific ideas about how they want a party to go.

My party was...um... well... this is how my party turned out...

The Theme
The party planner was a green Sock Monkey named Marcel who insisted on that a Jungle theme for this party was not optional.

The Music
The music dj was a purple sock monkey name Louie who refused to take any requests... the song list consisted of "Pop goes the Weasel", "Clint Eastward" by the Gorillaz, "Dance Monkey" by Tones and I, "Day-o aka the Banana Boat Song" and of course "I wanna be like you" from the Jungle book.

The Entertainment
A blue sock monkey named Jack handled the entertainment. There was a Donkey Kong and Ape Escape video game tournament set up and we were "treated" to viewing the films Planet of the Apes, Mighty Joe Young, Sing, King Kong and Tarzan.

A Stand Up Act
At one point we got a stand up act from a Gray Sock Monkey named Winston. Here are some samples of his jokes...

Knock Knock

Who's There?

Orangutan

Orangutan who?

Orangutan times and you didn't answer!

What kind of key opens a banana?

A mon-key!

What do you call a baby monkey?

A chimp off the old block.

What do you call monkeys who share an Amazon account?

Prime mates.


The entire standup routine went on for about 30 minutes and those were the highlights. ^_^;

The Catering Menu
A yellow sock monkey named Clyde handled the food and chased me out of the kitchen when I suggested he might add some more variety to his menu. He served the following dishes:

Banana Casserole
Banana Bread
Banana Cream Pie
Banana Cream Cake
Banana Cake
Banana Splits

I guess in hindsight you get what you pay for. Still I can't recommend hiring Sock Monkeys to handle your parties unless you really like Bananas.
*Castle*

702 Words
© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2245970-Banana-Jamboree