*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251230-Joy-In-Death
Rated: E · Fiction · Religious · #2251230
This is a fictional story about a child who found joy in dying.
He was so tired, and he began to slip into unconsciousness. Little Johnny had been very sick with cancer. He had gone to church and had asked Jesus to come into his heart. The Sunday school teacher had taught him that if he had asked Jesus to come to live in his heart then he could go to heaven when he died.

Everyone was so sad when they found out that he had cancer. His mommy and daddy cried and so did his grandparents and aunts and uncles. His friends were upset too. He tried to make them feel better by explaining everything the Sunday school teacher had taught him at church, but they were inconsolable. He couldn't understand why everyone was so upset if he was going to go to Heaven and meet Jesus. He thought that was supposed to be a good thing. He hoped they would soon understand this too.

When the Sunday School teacher found out about his illness from his parents, she was upset too. She hugged him and cried. At least she seemed to have a little bit of hope in the situation.

Little Johnny went on to learn as much as he could about Heaven. He had a feeling he was going to be there soon. Everything he learned about it made him feel less and less afraid. In fact, he got super excited about it. He wanted to go there. It sounded like such a wonderful place.

He tried to fight the illness as best as he could because he knew everyone wanted him to stay here with them. He just kept getting weaker and weaker. His little body could only take so much. He hurt all the time too. He had heard somewhere that in Heaven there was no more pain and no more tears.

Johnny slipped fully into unconsciousness. It seemed like he had been fighting this disease forever. He didn't want to fight it anymore. He wanted to go to Heaven. He hoped his family wouldn't be too upset. He hoped they could understand that he had just been sick for way too long. He couldn't bear another day.

Johnny didn't know how long he had been asleep, but all of a sudden there was this bright light. He felt a little bit confused at first. He blinked a couple of times and his vision became clear.

An angel was standing there. It was beautiful. It was wearing a white robe with a silver belt. The angel had big white wings and was glowing in the light. The angel was smiling and reached out for Johnny's little hand.

Little Johnny didn't feel afraid and took the angel’s hand. He actually couldn't remember ever feeling this joyful and completely at peace. Whatever this was, he didn't want it to end. He couldn't think of anything he would rather be doing right now, and for the first time in months, he didn't feel any pain.

He took one look around the room and realized he was floating in the air, hovering over his body in the hospital room while his family was weeping over him. The angel was still holding his hand. He had died.

In a moment, he was in the presence of Jesus. He had never felt such love, joy, and peace. He was enveloped in the love and the very being of Christ. He knew that he had joy that would never ever end again.

Notes
© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251230-Joy-In-Death