*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269763-Getting-Upset-With-Myself-SCRAPED
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Comedy · #2269763
Old script











Getting Upset With

Myself

By: Dale Galgo




















INT - LIVINGROOM - MIDDAY - SCENE 1

A chessboard sits at the center room table. MILES and MATT are in the middle of a game.

MATT is wearing a stylish pink sweater, his hair is well kept, and is sporting cool-bolded rimmed glasses, that complement his athletic complexion. He has a very laid-back, charming aura to him. But, his face is looking down at the chessboard in confusion.

MILES, on the other hand, has a confident smirk on his face, looking down on his opponent instead of the board. However, MILES'S style is the exact opposite of his friend's. His hair is messy and dishevelled. His shirt has the word "GAMER" spelled across the chest, stained with blemishes from previous meals. A slick shine reflects off his chubby cheeks.

From a distance, these two seem like the most unlikely friends. The only thing they have in common is the same bolded rimmed glasses.


MATT

Okay, so this piece moves like this right?



MATT Looks up at MILES who's sitting across from him.


MILES

Yeah, that's the knight. If you move it here you can threaten this piece.



MATT

Oh, ok, cool



MATT moves his knight on the chessboard. A snarky smile grows on MILES'S face. He giggles, taking MATT'S knight.
MATT lets out an annoyed sigh.


MATT

Thanks, MILES, real cool.



MILES

Hey, Sucks to suck Matt.


MATT leans back on his chair, blowing air out of his lips.
MILES leans forward observing the chessboard.
A low rumble groans from MATT'S stomach.


MATT

Hey MILES, you got any food?



MILES

Mmm sorry man, I got nothing




MATT shakes his head and clicks his lips.


MATT

Do you have anything to drink at least



MILES

No sorry, I ran out of juice a month ago



MATT

What? A month ago? When was the last time you went shopping?



MILES

Uhh... Well...


MILES'S eyes look up as if the answer he is looking for is on the ceiling.

CUTAWAY

INT - KITCHEN - UNKNOWN

a fridge sits in a polluted kitchen. Mongol tribal chants drone in the background. The sink is filled to the brim with mouldy dishes and utensils. The floor is unkept, stained with dirt and crud. The air smells of cat piss; sour and pungent. The fridge begins to open on its own, slowly. The chanting gets louder. Inside the fridge is... nothing, pure emptiness. As if the fridge opened the gates to a black hole of a desolate void. The chanting gets louder and louder, almost deafening. Native American tribal chants emit from inside the empty fridge. As the doors open completely, black smoke begins to flutter out from within the empty appliance.

CUTAWAY

INT - LIVINGROOM - MIDDAY - SCENE 1 CONT



MATT

Oh my god... MILES, how have you been eating?




MILES Shrugs off MATTS worry.

MILES

Ohh uhh Chips, crackers here and there.




MATTS face changes to a look of concern


MATT

MILES, that's really not healthy-




MILES

Oh! Wait a minute I still have these



MILES finds half a bag of crackers on a shelf and hands it to MATT. His eyes widen in alarm


MATT

Dude is this all you have!? I can't eat this!



MILES

Nono, don't worry, it's fine. I think I have some leftover ketchup chips lying around somewhere.




MATT goes from concerned to shocked.


MATT

MILES, are you ok!?!


MILES puts on a wooden smile, attempting to hide his anguish


MILES

Oh yeah, I'm fine! Everything is fine!




MATT pauses to observe MILES'S behaviour. His face goes from shock to disappointment, then pity.


MATT

Did your dad say anything about this?




MILES

Oh, he... He cut me off.



There's a brief pause, an awkward silence fills the room. MILES'S eyes meet the floor and MATT takes in his friend's sadness.


MATT

Oh.



MILES

And uh... mom moved away.



MATT

Jesus... MILES.... When was the last time you went outside?


MILES

Uhhh.



CUTAWAY

MONTAGE: NEWS SEGMENTS TALKING ABOUT QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

DO NOT GO OUTSIDE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

PLEASE STAY IN YOUR HOMES

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

Riot Footage

Angry people talking

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

QUARANTINE

I REPEAT: PLEASE STAY IN YOUR HOMES


CUTAWAY

INT - LIVING ROOM - MIDDAY - SCENE 1 CONT


MATT Looks down at the floor rubbing his forehead in sympathy, MILES is covering his face in shame. The two friends don't speak a word. Silence occupies the room. Until a tiny squeak splits the stillness. MATT looks up at MILES to investigate the sound. Another squeak whimpers out from MILES'S covered face. He is crying.


MILES

I'm sorry Matt, I've just been so lonely lately, my parents are gone, and I can't see my friends... Things just haven't been the same since Becky broke up with me.



MILES begins to break down. His sobbing sounds like an un-oiled bike wheel, squeaking as it turns.



MATT

MILES, don't cry man...Look.



MILES continues to cry, squeaking pathetically.



MATT

MILES, buddy, don't cry.




MILES sobbing gets louder, every squeak piercing the air.


MATT

MILES... please stop crying.



MILES'S crying gets even LOUDER, his sobs and squeaking turn into whaling and bawling.

MATT

MILES, come on, you're not alone... I'm still here right?



MILES starts to settle down. He looks up at MATT, his eyes are red from all the crying.

MATT CONT

Yeah, that's right, you're not alone! Look, MILES, I AM HERE... with you. I'm your best friend remember?


MILES finally stops crying. He wipes his tears and cleans his face.

MILES

Yeah... *Sniff* I guess you're right.


MATT gives MILES a warm affectionate smile. He reaches for the bag of crackers and gracefully hands it to his friend. MILES laughs, happily accepting MATT'S gift.


MILES

Thanks, Matt, I'm really glad you're here.



MILES looks at his best friend and returns a heartfelt smile.


CUT TO WIDE SHOT

MILES is alone in an empty room. A chessboard and an empty chair lay in front of him. He looks down in shame and wipes his tears. MILES gets up from his seat and puts on the pink sweater his friend was wearing. He moves across the table and sits in the empty chair where MATT would've been sitting.



MILES (AS MATT)

Of course man... So... it's my move, right?




CUT TO BLACK





© Copyright 2022 Joseph.DG (joseph.g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269763-Getting-Upset-With-Myself-SCRAPED