*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278101-onwards-and-backwards
Rated: E · Draft · Young Adult · #2278101
for ate marie fe



1



The thunderous skies jolted the boy awake. With ragged breaths, his throat lets out a strangled scream. For a moment he doesn’t seem to have any recollection of why he woke up frightened. One look at the cloudburst through his window and then he relives the unpleasant dream. The dimmed lights in his room had suddenly darkened. He roams his eyes around the room, aware that his mind’s at it tricking him again. Although a frequent event during his evenings, the boy have never been accustomed to any occurrence at all. He shuts his eyes with slight force, the dark enveloping his sight and then he feels exhaustion brimming at his tensed shoulders.

The nightmare was a mere flashback but the way his mind and body retaliated was appalling. It’s been so long, it’s starting to get ridiculous. A funny matter but the woman in the white coat he sees every Thursday begs to differ. He thinks his mind is probably suppurating. Only a matter of time before his mother ships him off to where the looneys nest. Jenny, the woman clad in the said white coat, would probably be the one to wave him off as the facility’s security gates closes in.

The boy grabs the glass of water sitting atop of his nightstand. He wished he had a bigger pathway for air, one that would not constrict and take in more air.


© Copyright 2022 cecilia (icetherapyxpr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278101-onwards-and-backwards