*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279083-God-can-you-give-me-a-purpose
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Wyze
Rated: E · Fiction · None · #2279083
An interesting approach to God's will pertaining to love.
Me: God, can you provide me a purpose

God: you have one son, just wait.

Me: but I feel my life is meaningless. I feel that my tomorrows blur with my yesterdays. My directions are parallel and my values are flexible.
God give me purpose.

God: be patient son, it is on the way.

Me: but I have love. I have darkness in my soul, but a love that will need to be nurtured. I am a balloon in the sky floating as the breeze blows. No real desire or ambition. I have made so many mistakes God, I question if I am even worthy of purpose.

God: your meaning is coming

Me: but God, I know the weaknesses you gave me to fight through, and I know I can not do it alone. Dear lord, how did you create me like this with no way of breaking free from my self made prison.

God: I have made a woman. She is strong, smart, clever resourceful and the pinnacle of beauty. She will be the tether to keep your balloon from disappearing in the clouds. She will be the cupped hands around your flame to protect your light from the wind and darkness. She will not only provide you with two purposes that will be your life's meaning, But she herself will give you meaning. Someone to love, protect, entertain and be proud of. Someone to question and challenge you. Someone to show you who you can be, and push you to be that person.

But you have to remember to love her. Nurture her needs and carry her light gentle and deliberate. She is an eggshell. tough and indestructible until you look at her from a different angle. She is then fragile and delicate. You need to know when to stand with her and up to her. You will have to cherish her, because she will forget to do it herself at times. You will have to offer her a shoulder, chest or arm to cry on, especially in the moments you don't understand the tears.

You were not ready to take care of her the way she needs you to. and honestly, she was not ready for you.

ME: wow.. ok.. well I think I can do all of that. She sounds perfect!

God: For you, she is

Me: ok, I'll be patient, but God if you could. Please, can you at least tell me when I can expect my purpose, my life my love to truly start!

God: fine, the day is: August 22nd 2010.

I have never questioned my purpose ever since that day.
Happy anniversary to my one and only love, Mama, Mrs. Wilson and Marcella!

siempre y Siempre
© Copyright 2022 Wyze (wyze at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279083-God-can-you-give-me-a-purpose