*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282566-In-Another-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lev
Rated: E · Draft · Romance/Love · #2282566
How far would you go for your lover? What if they were already dead?
"I love you," I blurted, not able to hold back anymore.
"We can never work. You know this." He averted his eyes from mine, looking anywhere but at me.
"I know, however maybe I can't help but hope. Please, amuse this poor soul." I clasp our hands together, in hopes of getting out a reaction out of him. I just need a signal, anything.
"You won't want me after you see what I'm capable of. You can get hurt." He looks into my eyes. It feels like the world has frozen in time just for the two of us. It feels like a sign.
"I don't care. All I want is you. Pure, unmasked, you." My voice starts cracking as I caress his face through the framed picture.
I remember when everything was alright. We had such a fun time. Why did he have to go? Universe, I know you sent us to find each other. So why would you rip him apart from me?
Tears stream down my face as I shakily set the picture down, afraid that I might break it. That can't happen, it's the only picture I have of the two of us. How could I lose him?
I have many regrets in life, but the worst of them is the fact that I couldn't marry him. The love of my life. My sunshine.
God, if you exist, please make us meet again. I don't care if it's in the afterlife or another life. I just want to marry him.
Marriage means that you're bound forever. I want that, I don't want to lose him ever again.
I close my eyes and hope that I drift into an endless sleep. Hoping that my soul can meet him again.
© Copyright 2022 Lev (lev1nqz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282566-In-Another-Life