*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283409-The-Farris-Wheel
Rated: 18+ · Assignment · Mystery · #2283409
Two siblings argue and finds a shocking discovery.
         While the farris wheel wasn't moving, Alex glares at me from the other side of our seats, thinking of ways that he can yell at me.

         "I hate you," he said.
         
         "Good. When the farris wheel gets fixed, we'll go our separate ways and never see each other again."

         We wait for about five minutes until Alex starts speaking again.

         "While we are waiting, why don't you tell me why we are here in the goddamn first place?" he asked.

         I sighed. "Well, I thought we can communicate by enjoying something that we both love. Since with what happened, I thought we can help each other," I said. "Between us, I think we should talk. It might help with our sister-brother relationship."

         He didn't speak for a moment. He just stares at me; something brooding in his mind that he wants to get off his chest.

         "Go on, spit it out," I said.

         "Well first off, you do know who's fault it is, don't you?"

         "It's not mine, if that's what you're insinuating."

         "Sure it is. She's not with dad anymore because you told her that he was cheating on her and now she's dead! Are you fucking kidding me, Riley?! She fucking died in a car crash for god's sake trying to leave!" He blew up in my face.

         "It is not my fucking fault! He did cheat on mom, Alex. I saw him kissing that blonde bimbo in the back of his car! They eventually saw me, and I took off and told mom. I wasn't going to keep it a secret, Alex!" I yelled at him.

         Then something clicked. My eyes went wide.

         "Wait. You knew this whole goddamned time?! What the fuck is wrong with you?! She was going to find out anyways! What was she going to do if she found out that you knew this whole time?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

         I didn't care if the people in the other seats up and below us can hear us yelling. I was too furious to even care. What he did was unnecessary to begin with. After our mother died in that fiery crash, my father didn't even feel the slightest guilt. It's like he felt relieved that she's gone. I never forgave him.

         "Of course, I knew. That bimbo has given me more attention than mom ever did. Mom always gave you attention."

         I stared at him long and hard, trying to figure out what his plan was.
         
         "You're fucking her too, aren't you? That's the attention that she's giving you. You sick bastard," tears were rolling down my face, "does dad know?" I asked.

         He sighs and looks down at his feet. He leans his head on his hands while they sit on his knees, looking down. "Riley, you have no idea what you're fucking talking about. Just leave it be."

         "Its true, isn't it. Your attitude towards this whole conversation is very disturbing. You have no idea what you're doing. This bimbo wants dad's money. Once she gets it, she's going to leave and you'll never find her, Alex. She doesn't want dad; she doesn't want you. All she wants is his money."

         "Yeah?! How the hell do you know?! Huh?!" He yelled standing up, rocking the car.

         I immediately grabbed onto the sides as my heartrate picked up.

         "Because she told me, Alex!" I yelled back. "She called me after I saw them together; asked me to meet her. I didn't want to at first, but then she demanded me. She said she'll hurt mom in ways that you couldn't imagine," I shook my head as tears were flowing down my face, "I thought she was joking. She never liked mom. She loathed her, Alex. I don't know what your damn plan is with her, but you need to stop before she hurts someone and that someone would be dad," I said.

         He sat back down with a fallen face. "W-What are you talking about, Riley?"

         "Brittany threatened mom's life. I think she killed her," I whispered the last part as more tears ran down my face.

         I sobbed and I sobbed hard. Alex still couldn't believe the news I just poured out at him. He stared at me as tears ran down his face. I didn't think this was going to go far in our conversation. I wasn't expecting this reaction from him either.

         It doesn't take long for the farris wheel to start back up. Lots of cheers can be heard all around us. With this conversation, the tension and the silence, the heat wasn't helping either. Being stuck on this farris wheel for what felt like hours was only a half hour. After everyone had their turn getting off, it was our turn. Alex got off first as I was frozen on the seat, not wanting to get up. Alex turns to face me and holds out his left hand. I just look at it, contemplating whether to take it. I looked into his eyes and all they hold is sadness. I finally took his hand, and he helped me up. After I walked out, he put an arm around my shoulders, and we walked to our car to go home.

© Copyright 2022 Creative Writer (contreras29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283409-The-Farris-Wheel