*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283496-My-House-is-Your-House
Rated: E · Poetry · Contest Entry · #2283496
Five precepts -- Writer's Cramp 10/19/22
The master of the house extended an invitation.
Upon the wind it traveled, within the light it existed:
A call to the wild, a beacon for the seeker.

Five precepts.

Below the valley and above the mountain, a clear stream flowed.
Within the heart and buried in the flesh, an emerging spirit spoke.
The sentinel burned bright, welcoming all who wished to enter the house.

The violent tendencies of the crude and vicious became apparent quite quickly.
Killing of any living creature is strictly forbidden in this house.
Even the life of the lowliest insect is sacrosanct. Some seekers tapped out with the swat of a fly.

Seemingly unseen, some unseemly characters started looting the place.
Theft is not allowed around here. Don't be an idiot, we can see you stealing.
The embarrassed felt the light and apologized, Excusing them, we moved on to the next room.

The next room existed on a slightly higher level of awareness...
The awareness of one's base instincts: sex, magic, and magnetism.
Groins grind, the frothing waters churn. Stay true to your family. Never betray your partner.

Fully inside the house now, looking out the windows at the neighbors. The mind quivers and snickers.
Judge not! Lest ye be the one peered at through dirty eyes and a dark mind.
Steer clear of hateful speech and gossip, poison to the growing soul.

In the attic, a secret space – a private chamber.
Keep that mind prepared. Avoid intoxication of the destructive sort,
Though you may resonate with the vibrations of the stratosphere and desert.

When the seekers finally gathered they found yet another mystery.
The rhyme and reason of the congregation followed no known human laws.
It was as if the writer and reader created a mutual future.

Let it be so.
© Copyright 2022 Cave Dweller (eleusis76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283496-My-House-is-Your-House