Draft of the Guidelines for newbies on the Review Rendezvous forum written by Pita.
|Newbies!Welcome to Review Rendezvous!
The world of reviews is now just a keyboard away, but before you start posting, we ask you to familiarize yourself with the “rules of the game”.
Here they are:
* You have to be a GENUINE newbie.This means that you must be a member for less than 60 days!We accept posts only from new black and yellow cases.There are many other forums that you can go to on Stories.com if you don’t fulfill this criteria.Go to the top left dropdown box on your screen( Item Jumps),click on item #5 to locate the appropriate review forum.
* This forum accepts no more than three items for review every two weeks.Avoid disappointment by adhering to this limit.
* Start by entering in the post's subject, the genre ( example, poem, short story, essay). There are prizes for the best entry for poetry and prose. Don’t miss THAT by missing THIS.
* Although we realize that many of you are writing longer works of fiction, we cannot do justice to them in this forum.Please do not post chapters, novellas, or novels. You will be disappointed when these items are deleted or suspended without having been read.
* Very Important : We review work that is rated G through PG13 only! We have a separate forum for posting higher rated work, e.g. R, NC-17 or X. We urge you to use the special forum,"Invalid Item"
* Please post your item as a BITEM link. Type
* Be a good citizen.If you receive GPs from a review group member, please "pay it forward". Distribute at least 10% to other authors in your reviews.The goodwill you will generate is priceless.
* Be a good netizen.Please do not post spam, request others for GPs, or generate other non-applicable posts.We are all friends of yours. Just remember the basic on-line etiquettes.
* Be polite and respectful in your discussions and posts and follow the simple guidelines given above.
We urge you to explore these additional resources:
If you have a novel, novella, chapters, or very long fiction, you might want to explore "Invalid Item" for appropriate places for reviews.
If you have an item rated higher than PG-13, please post it to "Invalid Item"
If you'd like to find other review foras/forums, support groups, writing workshops, are unsure about content ratings, or want to know more about reviews and reviewing, click here "Invalid Item"
If you'd like to know who we are click here
Having said all this, our reviewers are free to edit, suspend or delete without notice, anything that doesn't comply with our guidelines.Just be a good netizen, follow rules and you'll be OK.