*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/591277-Life-is-a-Puppy
by Shaara
Rated: E · Prose · Animal · #591277
Life is a puppy...
Prompt: Life is . . .




Life is like a puppy. It licks you every morning right in the face. Its doggy breath may not be pleasant, but the friendliness of it is. Life wags its tail with every success. Sometimes it's a little overly enthusiastic, and there are spills and broken dishes, but it means well.

When you're a puppy, life is full of high jumps to catch all the tossed balls. And when they roll further than they should because you missed them, persistence always counts. A ball can almost always be retrieved, if you run fast enough, pant long enough, and return it to the right person.

As a puppy, you soon learn that when you bark too much, people will tell you to be quiet. When you are silent, people will ask you if you're sick. And when you roll over and look cute, most people will like it. When you have an "accident" there are some who will understand, and take you outside for a grassy run. Others will scold you, and make you feel bad for goofing.

In all of these ways, life is a puppy, but the biggest similarity is due to the fact that at the end of the day, when the sunshine is closing down, and you're tired, your tail no longer has the energy to wag, and your ears are sagging worse than your stomach, there are still some people who will love you. No matter what, they'll still be the ones to scratch your back and tell you they're glad to have you there.


Written for a life analogy contest
© Copyright 2002 Shaara (shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/591277-Life-is-a-Puppy