*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/697558-OSullivans-Wharf
by Archie
Rated: E · Critique · Food/Cooking · #697558
Seafood, fun and music - a fine combination.
O'Sullivan's Wharf
4300 Colley Ave.
Norfolk, VA 23508

Phone: 757 423-3746

We've eaten at O'Sullivan's Wharf twice in two evenings. Does that tell you anything?

Last night my Wife and I sat at the bar, had a couple drinks, ordered a Cuban Barbecue Sandwich, and met some interesting people to talk to at the bar. Yes, we were all sober, relatively. We talked of things from sailboats, to movies, to crime, to medicine. The sandwiches were excellent, spicey, but not hot, and no barbeque sauce. The rolls' crust was slightly crunchy, as it should be, and under the crust the bread was fresh. Did I say delicious?

Actually, it was because one of our neighbors works at O'Sullivan's that we returned tonight for dinner. O'Sullivan's has a huge, humongously large nachos platter that the two of us shared, and two more could have joined us and we'd still have had leftovers. For $10.95 plus drinks, it was a really tasty bargain.

The seafood menu has an interesting combination of choices, including crab, oysters, filet and some awfully fine combinations. One combination deserves special mention, the Indecisive Platter, consisting of large ocean shrimp alongside a hand cut Delmonico, Prime Rib or Pork Loin. Mmmmm! And at $15.95, that too is a bargain that will make you wonder if the management isn't daft, providing such dining, such taste and such excellent service for such a price.

Eat in one of two dining areas, or at the bar, or on the deck overlooking the Lafayette River.

The fully stocked bar is one where you will find local regulars, friends and neighbors, as well as the occasional tourist or Virginia Beach resident.

So, come on down to O'Sullivan's Wharf, on foot, by car or by boat. Any way you arrive, just get there and you'll enjoy fine dining, great entertainment, and good friends all around.


© Copyright 2003 Archie (archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/697558-OSullivans-Wharf