*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/771162-The-Three-Little-Story-Writing-Pigs
by Razor
Rated: ASR · Appendix · Contest · #771162
The three pigs must write to save their lives
Once upon a time there were three little pigs. One day early in the morning, while they were playing in the mud, the Big Bad Wolf happened by. The pigs were so caught off guard they didn't even notice him lean against the fence.

“Hello little piggies,” said the Wolf and blocked their only way to escape.

“Why Mr. Wolf, where'd you come from so soon, please don't eat us,” the pigs cried.

The Big Bad Wolf thought for a moment before speaking, “I will not eat you today, for I have already eaten, but,” he said with a sly smile, “I will come back tomorrow when I am hungry. If you write a story telling me that I shouldn't eat you, then I will let you live.” The Wolf didn't give them time to respond before racing into the woods.

The three little pigs each went to their houses to write a story about why the Wolf should not eat them.

The first little piggy sat with paper and pencil and started to write. It was such a beautiful day and he wanted to finish quickly so he could get out to enjoy the mud pond. In just a few minutes he was finished and rushed outside without even re-reading his story.

The second little piggy also sat with paper and pencil and began to write. It wasn't long before he finished writing his story. He looked out of his window and saw the first little pig was already rolling in the mud. He didn't want to be inside writing, so he put down his story and went outside to play.

The third little piggy got to work right away on his story. When he finished he re-read it and checked for any errors; he even had some of his friends read it. It was nearly dark by the time he got out to play. The other two pigs told him how much fun they had and that he missed a great day. Then they all went home and went to bed.

Just as the morning sun shook the nights chill from the air, the rooster sang his song and the Big Bad Wolf came-a-knocking. The first little pig answered his door.

“Read me your story little pig,” said the Wolf, “why shouldn't I eat you today?”

The first little pig, who was in a rush to play outside yesterday, read his story to the Big Bad Wolf.

“Eat me Mr. Wolf. There will be a bad taste in your mouth if you don't. Eat me, I would like to live in your stomach. Is not a place for me somewhere in your heart. Is the place I want to be not in a stew or over a pot?” said the first little pig.

The Big Bad Wolf thought this over for a moment then ate the first little pig.

The Wolf then came-a-knocking at the second little piggies' door. “Read me your story little pig,” said the Wolf, “why shouldn't I eat you today?”

The second little pig, knowing what had happened to the first little pig, read his story with his paper shaking in his hands, “E-Eat me Mr. W-Wolf. There will be a b-b-bad taste in your mouth if you don't e-eat. Me, I-I-I would like to live in your st-stomach. Is not a place for me s-somewhere in your heart. Is the place I want to be, n-n-not in a stew or over a pot.”

The Big Bad Wolf had to think hard to understand what the stuttering little pig was saying. To the Wolf, this too sounded like the pig wanted to be eaten, so he did what he felt he was told, and ate the second little pig.

The third pig was putting the finishing touches on his story when the Big Bad Wolf came-a-knocking.

“Read me your story little pig,” said the Wolf, “why shouldn't I eat you today?” He was still hungry and wanted to eat another little pig.

The third little pig was so busy with his story he didn't have time to see what happened to the other little pigs. He read his story with confidence.

“Eat me Mr. Wolf, there will be a bad taste in your mouth. If you don't eat me, I would like to live. In your stomach is not a place for me. Somewhere in your heart is the place I want to be; not in a stew or over a pot.” said the third little pig.

The Wolf thought about it. He tried as hard as he could to make the story sound like the little pig wanted to be eaten, but he could not. The third little pigs story was just too good. He stomped off into the woods never to be seen again, and the third little piggy lived happily ever after.
© Copyright 2003 Razor (razor1971 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/771162-The-Three-Little-Story-Writing-Pigs