Would you like to be part of a Writer Support Group in Rochester, MN?
|I have talked to the staff at Barnes & Noble in Rochester, Minnesota and they have showed interest in having a Writer’s Support Group meet at their Apache Mall location.
I have no exact time or day in mind. We will choose a time that works best with all or most of those who want to attend. The length of each meeting would be an hour.
Some of the activities that I would like to include in the meeting would be:
• Critiquing each other’s writing.
• Critiquing poems and short stories from writing.com, with the author’s approval of course.
• Occasional contests.
• Sharing suggestions of books we have found helpful in improving our skills in writing.
• Comparing writing strategies.
• Maintaining updated lists of current writing contests.
• Occasional guest speakers.
I would like to get one going and request that anyone who is close enough to Rochester to attend a monthly meeting and who would be interested in receiving the support and encouragement that a group like this could provide, send me an email here at Writing.com.