*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953931-Novel-Cover-Upon-the-Further-Shore
Rated: E · Novel · History · #953931
They were just married, but soon they may lose their greatest treasure. Complete.
This is how I envision this novel's cover when it is published someday.

Click on the cover art to read the first three chapters of Upon the Further Shore

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

 Novel: Upon the Further Shore, Part I  (E)
They were just married, but soon they may lose their greatest treasure. Complete.
#676634 by Victoria Earle


Back Cover

A Desperate Struggle against Raw Political Power

Joyfully anticipating the start of her life as a new bride, Marie begins to recover from a trauma that has haunted her since adolescence. But she soon learns that her husband faces a loss that may devastate her new family.

From across the ocean, raw political power threatens to take away the child Marie dearly loves. The family's only hope is to travel to a faraway place where they are without influence, where they must put their fate into the hands of an indifferent judge.

Clinging to faith and a desperate hope for justice, the family's courage is tested to the limit as they bravely await the judge's decision, in a conflict as old as Solomon and as new as today's headlines.

Inside front cover


"Amy, we have a particular reason for going to England this summer," he began.

Amy smiled happily. "Oh, yes! We are going to visit Grandma and Grandpa, and to see the Crystal Palace, and--"

"Yes, those, but a more important reason. Your other grandmother wants to see you."

"My other grandmother? Who is she?"

"Her name is Lady Langford. She lives in England."

"Well, what's wrong with that?" Amy asked. "Is she ill? Does she live too far away to go? We have lots of time to visit her! Perhaps she can have dinner with us at Grandpa's house."

Marie smiled a little at the thought of a member of the peerage taking a meal at a tradesman's home.

"No, it's none of those," he said. "It's--she wants you to come to England to stay with her, for--" He stopped, his voice husky.

"For the summer?" Amy interrupted. "Oh, that would be grand! We can all--"

"No, not just for the summer. Forever." He turned his face away for a moment. Marie felt a lump in her throat.

Amy stood up and folded her arms. "But I don't want to live with her. I want to live with you and Marie! Why do I have to go with her when I belong here with you?" Her voice rose.

"We don't want you to go, either, but--we might have to. The law might make us give you up."

"Father, no! I don't want to go!" She launched herself at her father, clinging to him. "How can the law make me? Don't they care what I want?"

Click here to read the first three chapters of Upon the Further Shore

 Novel: Upon the Further Shore, Part I  (E)
They were just married, but soon they may lose their greatest treasure. Complete.
#676634 by Victoria Earle
© Copyright 2005 Victoria Earle (vdavisson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953931-Novel-Cover-Upon-the-Further-Shore