*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2653193
by Riot
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1761904
Want to introduce yourself? Looking to just chat? Have some coffee with us!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 27, 2014 at 3:00pm
Gypsy's Adventure
Hideho, y'all!

Yesterday, I had a lot of errands to run since we just got our old car out of the shop. I wore one of my husband's coats with deep pockets. I had been playing with Gypsy, my young guinea pig, and for some reason, stuck her in one of the pockets in front.

She snuggled against my leg after finding a comfortable position. Every now and then, I'd see her little brown head pop up as she looked around and sniffed. She didn't make any kind of mess like a rat or a mouse. Gypsy is very neat and clean and only goes potty in the corner of her cage. So when I put her back into her cage a while later, she took a while to relieve herself.

I spend a lot of time with my animals. Just giving them food and water doesn't enrich their lives. I bring my rabbits in the house and we watch TV together, the cats come in and go out as they please. I take my Cairn Terrier, Tinkerbell, everywhere I go. She and the two cats and sometimes Gypsy, sleep in my bed at night. I have well behaved pets that listen to me and do as I ask. The trick to having a well trained animal without the work is just to spend a lot of time with them.

I learn a lot by watching their natural behavior and use it to my advantage. For example: Top Hat, my mule, refused to let me catch him to put on his halter. So I took the mares he stayed with and put them in the back pasture. Wanting to be with his herd gave Top Hat the incentive to put his head in the halter. No one got frustrated or angry. It was just natural behavior that I took advantage of. It happens often.

Bye for now!
Lesley

Whales once filled our oceans with beautiful songs.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Gypsy's Adventure · 03-27-14 3:00pm
by Lesley Scott
Re: Gypsy's Adventure · 05-15-14 5:01am
by Riot
Re: Re: Gypsy's Adventure · 05-15-14 6:25pm
by Lesley Scott
Re: Gypsy's Adventure · 07-31-14 5:05pm
by m8rk

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Riot.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2653193